Date: Saturday 31st October 2015
Start Location: Llanhilleth Train Station
Start Time: 9:30 am
Distance: 28.4 miles (round-trip)
Join us in celebrating the end of the cycling year by following a 28 mile route in the steps of Alexander Cordells “Rape of the Fair Country”.
Our FREE ride starts in the heart of Blaenau Gwent and winds its way through the steel, iron, and coal producing valleys of our communities; Mortymer’s country. Sign up and view the route below!
The days adgenda:
- We aim to start at 09:30 from Llanhilleth Railway station
- Stopping for a lunch break at the Blaenavon Heritage Centre
- A relaxed ride down to Pontypool
- Across to Hafodyrynys dropping back down into Llanhilleth
- We will head back to the Ty-Ebbw Fach Heritage Centre at Six Bells for a hard earned rest and a hot dog!
|ROUTE COLOUR KEY:||Traffic-free||Shared Use||Quiet Road||Steep Hill|
|Cordell Country Heritage Ride|
|ROUTE METRICS: Round-trip|
|Location:||Llanhilleth to Blaenavon|
|Distance:||28.4 mi. (round-trip)|
|Approx. Time:||5 - 6 hrs.|
|Elevation:||+1703 ft. / -1703 ft.|
Guardian of the Valleys - http://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/leisure/14674.asp
Big Pit: National Coal Museum - http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/bigpit/
Blaenavon Ironworks & World Heritage Site - http://www.visitblaenavon.co.uk/
Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway - http://www.pontypool-and-blaenavon.co.uk/
The Skirrid - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skirrid