SPECIAL EVENT 
55 for 55 Parkinson's UK


HOT! HOT! HOT!  Check it out... I'm in the news!

  The Challenge: To cycle 55 miles for 55 consecutive days
Beginning March 01 and ending on April 24th, 2016, I will ride my bike 55 miles each and every day for 55 consecutive days. That's 55 for 55.

  The Goal: To raise £5,500 for Parkinson's UK
My goal is to raise £5,500 to donate toward the research of Parkinson's disease here in the United Kingdom. I am a healthy 55 year old man who cycles regularly. That's £5,500 by a 55 year old man... another 55 for 55.


I will cycle this route every day for 55 consecutive days.


  The Promise: To show my appreciation
I have a deep desire for my efforts to have purpose. I believe in service before self and that you reap what you sow or "pay it forward". I am so very fortunate to live in Wales, to have excellent health, to have a lovely supportive wife and family, and to have met these truly wonderful men. I want to help them only way I know how and I don't know what better way.


Background: For the past four years I have been cycling with a small club here in the Southeast Valleys of Wales; The Kingfishers. This eclectic group of retired men cycle between 50 to 70 miles every Tuesday and Sunday... rain or shine, all year... AND they've been doing this for over 20 years.

Having been adopted into their brethren; they have shared their love of cycling through the rich and verdant Welsh countryside. The warmth of this friendship and the many adventures we have experienced has been one of the highlights of my life.

Two of the Kingfishers are now beginning to experience the effects of Parkinson's. I want to do something to show my appreciation of their comradery. I want to raise money doing something they have shared with me in order to give something back.




JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.



>> View the route I'll be cycling here: 55 for 55 Route Map

>> View the calendar of days and miles here: 55 for 55 Calendar